Saturday, August 25, 2018

DNA

Well, I have been remiss in posting to this blog recently.  I finally got my DNA results from Ancestry.com and have been lost in discovery.  If you haven't had your DNA analyzed yet, I encourage you do to so. 

The results of ethnicity weren't all that surprising - they were pretty much as expected:

44% Great Britain
34% Ireland
15% Western Europe (mostly the west coast of France - Normandy/Brittany - Celtic Europe

Then there was the minor percentages from Scandanavia, et al.  This too, is not surprising since the Norse raided the coast of the British Isles - even Dublin is really a "Viking City."

So, no surprises there.  But, it did support my research.

The most interesting thing, however, was the migration patterns (for me to New England), the DNA matches, and the DNA Circles feature.  My DNA Circles focus on descendants of my 3rd Great Grandfather, Reuben L. Coleman (1781-1848).  The DNA Circle highlights 22 other Ancestry.com members who share a DNA match with me through Reuben L. Coleman.

So, I have started preparing the next post to focus on Reuben L. Coleman.  Look for it soon. 

For more on my Coleman Lineage, you can find it in "Who Came Before - Volume II, The Coleman Family."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reuben L. Coleman (1781-1848)

Reuben L. Coleman was my 3rd Great Grandfather.  He was born in 1781 in Litchfield County, Connecticut to Thomas and Anna (Shaylor) Coleman....